This weekend over 30 BASC swimmers attended the Nuneaton Open Meet at the 8 lane Pingles Leisure Centre Pool. This is always a highly competitive open meet, with many big Warwickshire Clubs taking part, plus a few familiar faces from closer to home being present.
The kids did the club proud – we won 25 medals, 103 PB swam, 49 County QT in our races this year. The gala was all based on age on the day – with kids who are born July to August being in the older section of their swim peers this time around.
It was run with all Heat Declared Winner heats with the top 3 winning a medal this time. The top 8 from the 100m IM also getting to swim off for a potential cash prize in the SKINS event – Burton seeing Katie Spooner and Matt Gates getting to the SKINS on this occasion.
– STAR SWIMMER – shared by Rachael and George Greener – 16 races between them led to an incredible 15 PB times.
– STAR RACE – Has to be the 100m IM swims from Matt and Katie that propelled them into the SKINS
– Matt came 7th in the boys event and Katie came 5th in the girls event
– Bella Smith smashing the QT in 100m breast
– Little swimmers Chloe Clamp and Jonny Stimpson doing 100m events
– Connor Small, George Stevens, Lana Clamp and George Preston gaining their first county QT for 2020
– Debuts at open meets went to Florence Archer, Bella Richards and Chloe Clamp
As always Simon and Ian advised and gave encouragement and great support to all kids – from all of the kids a massive thank you to all of you guys. Also a huge thank you once again to Craig Day, Jo Bolton and Chris Greener who represented the Club as our officials over the 2 days.
We have now seen 31 different swimmers win at least one medal at an open in 2019 – with 133 medals won so far.
The medal table so far for boys is as below:-
The medal table for Girls at the same stage of the year is:-
We now look to the Wolverhampton meet in July before the summer closedown.