Fenton Manor Leisure Centre, Stoke – 21st & 22nd September 2019
This weekend over 25 BASC swimmers attended the City of Stoke SC Open Meet at the 6 lane Fenton Manor Leisure Centre . This is always a highly competitive open meet, with many big clubs attending from Staffordshire and beyond.
The kids did the club proud – we won 22 medals, 74 PB swam, 37 County QT in our races this year. The gala was all based on age on the day – with kids who are born October to December being in the older section of their swim peers this time around.
It was run with all HDW heats with the top 3 winning a medal this time.
- STAR SWIMMER – shared by Charlotte Breeze and Connor Small – both making new County Times, medals and PBs over 4 busy sessions.
- STAR RACE – Has to be the 200m Breaststroke time that made Josh Cooper our 28th swimmer to take a QT despite the Qualifying time in Staffordshire being significantly harder to achieve than those in Derbyshire we now have 2 swimmers with c135 QT for 2020.
- Samuel Benstead making his open meet debut at a young age with BASC
- Harrison Jones, Tom Mitchell and Matt Appelbee all swimming amazing new PB times in 100m free
- Many kids doing 200m events and holding stroke and technique together over a distance swam less often than the traditional 100m and 50m events.
As always Simon and Ian advised and gave encouragement and great support to all kids – from all of the kids a massive thank you to all of you guys.
A huge thank you once again to Debbie Preston and Chris Greener who represented the Club as our officials over the 2 days.
We have now seen 36 different swimmers win at least one medal at an open in 2019 – with 187 medals won so far.
The medal table so far for boys is as below:-
The medal table for Girls at the same stage of the year is:-